It is almost impossible to list all the interesting places that you can visit in Ceylon!
In the center of the island of Sri Lanka, in the so-called "Cultural Triangle", there are historical monuments protected by UNESCO: the cave Golden Temple in Dambula, the "lion's rock" + Sigiriya, Hindu and Buddhist temples of the most ancient citiesAnuradhapura and Polonnaruwa.
In the list of must-see places, any tourist is likely to include the following attractions:
- Temple of the Tooth Relic (Kandy)
- Royal Botanic Gardens (Peradeniya)
- Elephant Orphanage (Pinnawela)
- Ancient ruins in Anuradhapura и Polonnaruwe
Tea plantations and gems.
Of the hundreds of religious buildings, of particular interest are:
- Temple of Embekke nearKandy
- Скальный храм, Dambulla
- Munneswaram, near Chilaw
- Jumi-ul-Affar Juma Mosque, Petta
- Holy Trinity Church in Nuwara Eliya.
If you prefer to relax on the beach before going in search of adventure, we will help you choose a route based on your wishes and financial resources.
Sample routes for independent travel in Sri Lanka:
- from Unawatuna to Yallu
- from Yala to Ella (1night);
- (By train early in the morning) from Ella in Nuwara Eliya;
- from Nuwara Eliya to Kandy (1night);
- of Kandy in Sigiriya (1 day);
- of Sigiriya в Anuradhapura (1 day);
- of Anuradhapura в Colombo.
- of Colombo to the airport.
Yalla National Park is located 309 km from Colombo and 150 km. From Unawatuna on the southeast coast of the island. A very popular place where one of the main entertainment takes place in the evening, when the heat subsides and animals come to the watering hole.
At this time, you can watch elephants, deer, buffaloes, crocodiles, monitor lizards, and other animals and birds at close range.